Replace A Character

MarkT

Hello,

I have a PHP echo from my db, $request2['content'], which I want to replace any ' characters with this; '

Can anyone provide me the code please to add to the page.

I've just tried;

$request = mysqli_query($con,"SELECT * from match_reports WHERE id='{$_GET['id']}'");$request2 = mysqli_fetch_array($request);$correct2 = str_replace("'", "'",$request2['content']);

But it's not replacing it?

$request1 = "It jess ain't my copyright problem.";$len1 = strlen($request1);$correct1 = str_replace("'", "©", $request1);$len2 = strlen($correct1);echo "{$request1} {$len1} <br/>{$correct1} {$len2}";
Edited by davej

$request1 = "It jess ain't my copyright problem.";$len1 = strlen($request1);$correct1 = str_replace("'", "©", $request1);$len2 = strlen($correct1);echo "{$request1} {$len1} <br/>{$correct1} {$len2}";

$correct1 = str_replace("'", "'", $request2['content']);

Still not working mate. Here's whats wrong; http://dittonminorsfc.co.uk/matchreports.php?id=6

It shows up with ?, it shows the ' when you use ' but it doesn't like ' straight into text.

Any ideas?

I'll fix those after, but what I'm focusing on is the problem in the original question. Any ideas how to fix it?

You are targeting apostrophes, those characters are right and left single quotes ’ ‘ (characters dont show up here), this usually results from copying and pasting from MS word, these characters are causing the problem.

So you're saying they should be typed in>?

No, you just have to careful in future and not use single left/right characters, or when this text IS uploaded to database replace with character codes instead, that will prevent this kind of problem.

OR

$filter_bad = str_replace(chr(145),"'", $request2['content']);//left quote$filter_bad = str_replace(chr(146),"'", $filter_bad); //right quote$filter_good = $filter_bad = str_replace("'","'", $filter_bad); //apostropheecho $filter_good;
Edited by dsonesuk