Font - Families

The Praetorian

I suggest you look into Scalable Inman Flash Replacement (SIFR):http://www.mikeindustries.com/sifr/SIFR uses javascript to dynamically replace your text with Flash movies that show antialiased fonts in whatever font you want. It will degrade gracefully to show normal text if the user does not support Flash.But you shouldn't use it on the entire page, it's only meant for headings and titles, if you do more than 5 or 10 replacements on 1 page it will start to chug for the user.This is the SIFR example page. In the gray bar on the left you can turn SIFR on or off (refresh the page to see the difference).http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/files/sifr/2.0/

You're only able to do it with the help of Flash like justsomeguy suggested, I can't think of any possible way, on how to actually show a font on the website that was your own. It should be possible to upload the font file, also to define it in your stylesheet, but to have it actually activated is a different question... :)

Okay, what about this. ( And if you don't feel like doing the leg work don't worry about it.) How can I make a link to a blank page that would automatically start a download so the person could download the font on their computer? If someone could point me in the right direction for that one... I don't know if it would be html or php...

You generally don't want to force people to download fonts to view your page, because they won't. They would have to download and install the font, and the browser might even need to be restarted to use it. I suggest using the Flash replacement method above.