accessing a file

dcole.ath.cx

I can open and edit file a.txt with script /folder/b.php but I can't access the file with /c.php!How can I fix this/var/www/a.txt/var/www/html/c.php/var/www/html/fm/b.phpand c.php can't access a.txt but b.php can

Are you sure it's not capital C? If you're running a linux distro on your server, then that would make a difference.

Nope that isnt the only thing... dcole has bad luck

Well, I'm assuming the server is functioning correctly in the first place. If the server doesn't even work right, then it's pointless to troubleshoot PHP until then.

I'm going crazy over here...Well now, there are 4 files that can access this one txt fileThe scripts that only read can access that script and read itThe scripts that write to it don't work any more (some of them did work)The locations are correct! I guess I will just rewrite the 4 files into one big one or something...

Dan, I think you should just start all over. try to do everything an different way but get the same end result. there are many ways to do one thing. just try a different one. remake your file manager and everything but no coppy and paste!

Dan, I think you should just start all over.  try to do everything an different way but get the same end result.  there are many ways to do one thing.  just try a different one.  remake your file manager and everything but no coppy and paste!

Whos calling me :)We can't think of a possible sollution without the actual error causing code, so please post it (if necessary censor critical information) :)

Whos calling me :)
DCole.ath.cx is actually Dan. D is for dan and Cole is his last name. Dan Cole, you should really post your script even if there is no mistakes. then people cant just blame your script or your locations. It isnt hard to post a script here, just do it.

Well I have not found an error or I would fix it or post it. The logs say everything is A-OKAY. Fedora, Apache, PHP... I will have MOgaard over tomorrow and we will get find and fix this problem! GRR...as for my code, my code if fine... Why would php process my code in different ways if it was on Apache or ISS, Linux or Windows... echo is echo is echo, fopen is fopen is fopen.My location are correct... Fedora highlights my code. It wouldn't be more clear.

Why would php process my code in different ways if it was on Apache or ISS, Linux or Windows
It won't, unless you are using OS-specific functions. If you are seeing different things on two different machines, then one of them is not working correctly.