Need Guidance on Starting a New PHP Project

Techneut

Hello everyone, I just finished learning PHP and want to start a new project. I have seen many PHP programmers talk about frameworks and libraries, etc... As for me I want to know whether coding everything yourself is better than using frameworks or vice versa. Please help me.

To understand a framework/library, understanding PHP first is essential. Whether it's Implementing the code, handling the data, etc, you're not going to do much if you don't understand the core language. I'm not completely understanding the question though. Custom code is still needed to use frameworks and libraries. There are also pre-written scripts, such as entire register/login or forum scripts over writing your own register/login or forum from scratch (of which using one method over the other can depend on the project you're doing). Libraries and frameworks are essentially extensions to the core language.

I do want to add that you should never say you're done learning PHP. There are constant updates coming out. I'm going to geek out and post a quote here for you.

"A true master is an eternal student." -Master Yi

Now if you meant you're done reading through W3Schools' tutorials, there are plenty of resources out there to expand upon your knowledge. Do you have any experience with other languages? Are you looking to expand your training? There are plenty of great resources out there.

• Like 1