on close browser

wannabe_god

is there a way to check if the user exit's the browser?onunload doesn't work, as it checks if the user leaves the page... this is the case:I have a little php script who links to itself, for the forms etc..Now I change a cookie every time to look how many times the user refreshed/filled in the form. So I want that at the end of the "session", when leaving the page to go to another/exit the browser, I want to reset the cookie...

There has been a topic for the 'onclose' event in the past. Just to remind, there is no onclose event in html or javascript, nor the possibility to securely check for it.But in your case you can use the php 'HTTP_REFERER' to check if there has been another site viewed after the last page of your site :)It contains the last URL the user has visited.http://www.php.net/manual/nl/reserved.vari...ariables.server

I understand what Blue means, but this method requires a new window and people may have their popup blockers on, like the standard in IE6. It could get blocked or whatever the user does if he doesn't like the new window, and the script would cease to work :)