Filtering results depending on form results

sonicthehedgehog

I'm trying to submit a form is automatically submitted when somebody clicks one of the checkboxes. This part isn't a problem but I'm having a problem with getting the results each time. The form is a series of checkboxes where people can choose to filter results by various options but how do I only get the results if the box is checked?

For example if box a is checked and so is box b I want the results to be something like this:
$sql_select = "SELECT * "; $sql_from = " FROM stock, product_categories, delivery, options "; $sql_where = " WHERE stock.enabled=1 and stock.deleted=0 and stock.dealer_name= delivery.dealer ";$sql_group = " GROUP BY stock.id";$sql_limit = " LIMIT 500"; if ($boxes_group1<>"") {$sql_where = " AND options.category_1 LIKE %box a% %box b%} $query=$sql_select . $sql_from . $sql_where . $sql_end . $sql_group . $sql_limit;
This gives me no results at all even though there are loads of results with box a and also with box b in the category_1 field of the options table.
Also there could be around 20 different options so I need to be able to execute the same code every time regardless of which option is selected