divinedesigns1

so i keep getting this error, i try to escaping the double and single quotes but nothing seem to be working but if i remove the single and double quotes myself it gets save no problem

Errors: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's G-Shock anti-magnetic X-Large G watch features a 51mm wide by 17mm thick black' at line 1

this is the code im using to escape the single and double quotes

$detail = str_replace('"','"',$detail);$detail = str_replace("'","'",$detail); 

any tips or hint will be useful

Edited by DDs1

You shouldn't have to escape quotes. Use the features built into the database library to handle sanitizing the data. What database library are you using?

• Like 1

You shouldn't have to escape quotes. Use the features built into the database library to handle sanitizing the data. What database library are you using?

mysqli

i sanitized it and that worked

It's best if you use prepared statements, which completely remove the need to sanitize the data, as stated here: http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.real-escape-string.php#102639

You can't use a string escape to sanitize numbers, for example.

thats what im using, maybe i shouldnt use sanitized to describe the use of mysqli real escape string