help with fixed backgrounds

jibo

hi ive got code for fixed backgorunds which is fine.....

<DIV id="div290865611" style="position: absolute; top:91px; left:405px; width: 225px; height: 50px; z-index:3; ">  <STYLE type="text/css">  body {   background-color:#ffffff;  background-image: url(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/jibo69/Wallpapers073.jpg);   background-position: top right;   background-repeat: no-repeat;   background-attachment: fixed; </STYLE>  </DIV>

but somebody showed me this code

<style type="text/css">table, tr, td { background-color:transparent; border:none; border-width:0;}body {	background-color:ffffff;	background-image:url(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/jibo69/Wallpapers073.jpg);	background-attachment: fixed;	background-position:top left;	background-repeat:no-repeat;  }**********table table { border: 0px }table table table table{border:0px}table table table {	border-style:solid;	border-width:3px;	border-color:202020;	background-color:transparent;      }table table table td {	background-color:FFFFFF;  }table table table table td {filter:none;}table, tr, td, li, p, div { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .btext { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .blacktext10 { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .blacktext12 { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .lightbluetext8 { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .orangetext15 { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .redtext { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .redbtext { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } .text { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold;    } .whitetext12 { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold;    } a:active, a:visited, a:link { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } a:hover { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } a.navbar:active, a.navbar:visited, a.navbar:link { font-family:helvetica; color:000000; font-size:12px;     } a.navbar:hover { font-family:helvetica; color:ffffff; font-size:12px;     } a.redlink:active, a.redlink:visited, a.redlink:link { font-family:helvetica; color:ffffff; font-size:12px;     } a.redlink:hover { font-family:helvetica; color:ffffff; font-size:12px;     } .nametext { font-family:helvetica; color:ffffff; font-size:12px;     } </style><div style="..;left:0px;top:30px;width:88px;height:31px;"><a href="http://www.lipglossglitter.piczo.com" target="_blank"></a></div><br><style type="text/css">        table table table td {vertical-align:top ! important;}        span.blacktext12 {        visibility:visible !important;        background-color:transparent;                background-repeat:no-repeat;        background-position:center center;        font-size:0px; letter-spacing:-0.5px;        width:435px; height:120px; display:block !important; }        span.blacktext12 img {display:none;}        </style>*****

which 1 is best to use top 1 or bottom 1 or doesnt i matter? also i dont see anything happen when i use the code other than the fixed background, so i put stars inbetween the parts i dont get, doess anyone know what that bit of code is doing????? thanks

The only difference is that the code on the top has the background attached to the top-right and the code on the bottom has it attached to the top-left. The code you marked contains styles for various nested tables, link styles, and generic text styles.

The only difference is that the code on the top has the background attached to the top-right and the code on the bottom has it attached to the top-left.  The code you marked contains styles for various nested tables, link styles, and generic text styles.

with the 1st code cud i remove the DIV id and it still work??probly best just to test it rather than asK lol........................checked it and it does stilll work :) wot does that DIV id do if anything?????? anybody know????

A div is a container for content. The id attribute is a name for the element, so that you can refer to it with javascript or apply a specific style to it. But there's no point to have a style element inside of a div element. In fact, all style elements should go inside the head element.