CSS - Div Layout to Replace Tables

FrostbiteXIII

OK, so Im trying to get rid of tables for layout, but div tags confuse me - is the best way *really* to have float labels to get around td tags?If Im being vague, please let me know - in the meantime, heres what I have so far...www.catkisses.co.ukEDIT: As you can see, my 2 major issues are the fact that the rhs doesnt go right over to the left, and the lhs background doesnt go top to bottom...Many thanks in advance,Frosty

OK, again, I gave up and put it into tables! :) Now just to fix the sidebar - apparently margins or similar are different by default in IE and Firefox - anyone know whats up?Actually, Ill post in the html thread... Or something...EDIT: Actually, it looks like it belongs in this thread more than any other... Ill update my title... :)EDIT EDIT: Looks like I cant update the title, I will create a new topic!Frosty

apparently margins or similar are different by default in IE and Firefox - anyone know whats up?
That's right, you should set them in the css to zero, this helps the problem but doesn't always fix it.body{margin:0;padding:0;}

That's right, you should set them in the css to zero, this helps the problem but doesn't always fix it.body{margin:0;padding:0;}

Adding a height to them also may help with cross-browser problems.