Thank - You Page on Forms

holmedwa04

Hi,I have made a form on my website that allows users to submit information to a guestbook, it sends me an email with the information they have submitted, then I will manually add it to the guestbook so I can moderate it.How do I create a Thank - You page for it to go to when the user clicks Submit Post?This is the code for the form...<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="mailto:shapemakingclub@btconnect.com?subject=Guestbook Post" ENCTYPE="text/plain"><table border="0" width="100%"><tr><td height="40"><font size="2">Name / Nickname:</td></tr><tr><td height="40"><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="Guests Name" SIZE="30"></td></tr><tr><td height="40"><font size="2">Post:</td></tr><tr><td><script type="text/javascript"><!--var pcount = 0;var ncount = 0;// --></script><TEXTAREA NAME="Guests Post" ROWS="10" COLS="120" style="font-family: arial;" onfocus="if (pcount == 0) {this.value='';} pcount++;">Add Your Message Here.</TEXTAREA></td></tr><tr><td height="40"><center><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit Post">   <INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="Clear Post"></center></td></tr></form></table>Please can someone help me out, because I can't use CGI scripts. :) Many Thanks Edward

Well the I would use php but since you can use that, you will need to use some weird lanuage... I think there is one call ISML or something (maybe it's only a United Online thing) ...There are alot of hosts that are free and support CGI languages... google it.Other wise I host websites...

I have made a form on my website that allows users to submit information to a guestbook, it sends me an email with the information they have submitted, then I will manually add it to the guestbook so I can moderate it.
Like pulpfiction said an window.location is enough for this.A point for you to consider is that by using mailto you assume that the user has a email program installed on their machine, if they don't it wont work :) Plus i find that this only works if i submit a page with Internet Explorer through Outlook, if i open Firefox or Opera and try submitting through Outlook it fails.See also the Mailto Myth :)

That's a good link. I had actually never seen mailto in a form action until I came here and saw people having problems with it.If you are on a server that will not let you run server-side software, then you just need to accept that there are a lot of things (actually, most things) that you simply won't be able to do, and sending mail is one of them. Web hosts are so cheap that there's not really much of an excuse not to have a server that lets you do what you need to do.

I had actually never seen mailto in a form action until I came here and saw people having problems with it.
There's an example of it on the HTML Forms Page: http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?fi...yhtml_form_mailI didn't notice any warnings on it's downsides though :) newbies would be unaware of it's flaws...

Opera owns everything.  Submit that form and see what it says.But I agree, mailto is not a solution, and they shouldn't be teaching it.  At best it's a cheap workaround, and at worst it's useless.

It came up with new account wizard so i backed off :) What did happen?

I just like the message where it says that you are submitting via email and it asks if you want to send it anonymously or not.But I don't have an email account configured with Opera here either. But at home, Opera is my primary email client, as well as my primary browser, primary Bittorrent client, primary IRC client, primary RSS client...

Try doing this....<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit Post" onclick="window.location='http://www.google.com';">

Wow, you are a complete genius, if only you knew how long I have been trying to get this to work.Thankyou ever so much, I can do so much more stuff now, obviously there is the drawback that was mentioned by some about they might not have an email program and also, even if it didn't work it would still say thankyou, post has been recieved.But... don't you just think it is so much nicer when you have filled out a form for it to say Thank-you?With Many Thanks Edward.P.S. Gee, im glad I signed up to these forums.