Apache2 setup

aspnetguy

I have 2 Windows XP boxes on a LAN with a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. The 2 machines can talk back and forth (can ping no problem).My main computer is 192.168.0.100 and the second PC, which I want to make into a webserver, is 192.168.0.101.Now I have configured the router to forward port 80 to 192.168.0.101. And I have my domain pointing to my routers IP Address. When I first did this (before port forwarding), my domain would take me to the routers admin interface. Once I turned on port forwarding the domain no longer goes to the router admin but it doesn't go anywhere, it just times out.Now I have apache installed on the webserver (192.168.0.101) and have a test file in the server root folder. I can access this through localhost on the webserver but what to I put in httpd.config and the windows host file?I need help here, how can I get my domain pointing properly to the webserver root folder?Thanks,

You should allow the Web Service to allow all URLs.Then you should forward port 80 to the internal IP address of the Server (computer)Then you need to set the Website address to go to your external IP address (network IP address)You should create a Test file on the Server so you know it works. If you can use localhost, then you should just check the external IP address.

I have port 80 forwarding to the internal ip and the domain is pointed at the routers ip (extrenal ip).I have a test page that works when accessing it with localhost on the web server. Since I setup port forwarding it stopped going to the router admin interface but times out.What do you mean let the Web Service allow all urls???

What happens when you type the internal IP address of the server into your browser, it should go to the test page.when you type in like 192.168.0.1 it should go to the router. If you type in 192.168.0.101 it should goto the test page. If something is wrong with the web service it should say an error...Well in Apache you can have many websites on one computer, so then it only allows picked web address to goto a given folder. Should allow them all or say something like "This site is not here" so something like that in point 45 font.

I have discovered that the router admin interface is runnning on port 80 and that may be conflicting with the domain being forwarded to the web server.I am going to try disabling the remote router access and see if that helps.I have also ruled out ISP blocking port 80 since the router interface is on port 80 and I was able to access it from my domain.

At the time of writing, typing http://71.7.150.39 returns an error. Hope the reason is that your PC is turned off. Anyway, let me suggest you make your tests with this IP, instead of the internal ones. If it works there, it will work for all (including myself).

It is now on, it was off before, could anyone test the ip 71.7.150.39.I think I may have a loopback problem preventing me from viewing it from a pc on the network.Please let me know what you see.Thanks,I will be leaving it running all day.

This is the source of the page I see:

<html><body>hello world</body></html>

Or should I say I see

hello world
I bet that's the proper page, right :) .

If that's his IP, then that must be the test page he's set up, yeah. :)It's not valid html though. :) :)

oh I am so happy :):):):blink::blink::blink: All this time it HAS been working, my router just won't let me loopback internally. That is a huge load off my mind. Now I can get to work building the control panel :angry:Thanks for your help guys.