change a pixel hex color using gimp

hisoka

I have gimp  version  2.10.2  and tried to change the hex code' color of a pixel in a photo  but I could not . I made many researches in google but unfortunately they were of no help to me . Instead , they made me more confused . What I tried is the following :

opened the photo in gimp

right click on the pixel I want to change

then clicked at windows--->dockable dialogs--->colors

I found the hex  value of the color of the pixel  and changed it  to my desirable value . However , I could not and did not know how to save the change . Other then that , I tried to play with some options of gimp but I did not know how to change the pixel hex color and save the change . I need help

best regards

Neither  want   to change the color of the entire photo nor the color of a single pixel . What I want is to change the hex number that represents the color of  the desired  pixel  . Is it possible to do it with gimp ? if yes how ?  if not is there another method or another software  that can be used to fulfill that aim ?

How exactly is that different than changing the color of the pixel?

the hex code of the color  is more precise than the color . For example , #0000F0 ,  #0000F3  ,  #0000F1 each of them is an approximate variation of blue but they are totally  different from each other . what should I do if I need to change the pixel color to  #0000F0 and not to #0000F1 ? although  there is a tiny difference between them ,  in some situation , I need this tiny difference . So I really need to change the color ' s hex code of the pixel and I need to do it  pixel by pixel as each pixel will have a different hex  code . Is it possible to do it  using gimp ? if not is  there a tool or a software or a method  to do it ?

Use the pencil tool or similar, set your tool's color to the specific hex value that you want, then paint the pixel with that color.  GIMP and any other image manipulation software, lets you set the color values to perfect precision. If the color picker doesn't show hexadecimal digits then you'll have to type in decimal. 8-bit color channels range from 0 to FF in hexadecimal, which is the same as 0 to 255 in decimal. They are the same precision, just different representations.