Hello from Hollywood

glossandtoss

BILLY+LOWE+WEBSITE+MAIN+IMAGE+-+MASTER.j

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hi and how much i DON'T KNOW,,,,   but i'mhaivng a blast. 

I work as a hair stylist here in LALA LAND,,,   and i like "playing around" on my website - it relaxes my brain.  

But I am "piece-milling" a lot and I notice things (code) gets stepped on from time to time.  

when I'm coding or trying to add a polaroid effect - or two columns (or whatever)   do I always need to do the  <!doctype> commands at the top of each code section?  I could probably use a basic tutorial,,,, but so far I think I'm doinng ok.    Nice to say hello here.  Thanks everyone. 

Billy

billylowe.com

• 6 months later...

Dear @justsomeguy   Thanks for getting back to me ages agok - HOW DID I MIS THIS?????  

I've learned so much since last summer and I 'm secretly addicted to styl,ing my pages.   you can be so creative and it relaxes my brain.  

Does EACH PAGE need the html declaration ?  I use blogger.com for my blog which I've turned into my main website,,,,   and blogger is funny in building a home page so you have to add a custom html sectiom as the "hom epage"   or leave home page as it is which is the actual blog roll for the home page, and specify ONE POST on the home page only,,,   This prevents a redirect which I need to do

How can I support W3 and waht it is or does?    Is your HTML or basic code mostly for wordpress or are other sites like blogger.com ok to use?  I need to learn WP I guess b/c to change CSS of a MASTER sheet the PHP langage is new to me and I'm  tired of using themes b/c it takes too long to olearn were the customize sections are or to worko through all the things they are "attached to"  

HELP?    my website is billylowe.com

i hafe a contact page and coukld use a little support, ;-)  I'm NOT  programmer but this has been fun

Yes, each page should have a doctype to tell the browser how to handle it.  I can't speak to how different platforms let you customize or integrate code, but in general anything that it sends to the browser should be valid HTML and CSS.  Browsers don't care which platform you're using, they just get the code that the server sends and display it.