GetElementById Compatibility

florynth

Hi,I'm doing a script that use the GetElementById function and I want to know with wich browser it's compatible.I do have a book (old one but...) who said for exemple to use document.all["id"] in IE 4.xBut anyway nobody use this anymore... So is there a current browser who's use that is not compatible with the function or I scratch my head for less then 1% of browser...Thanks for your answerMartin

Don't use document.all. document.getElementById() is supported by every Javascript supporting browser released since 1998.source: some website

Don't use document.all. document.getElementById() is supported by every Javascript supporting browser released since 1998.source: some website

Thanks ! So another question :I want to change the content of the element the code I did have before is
if(document.getElementById)  {    element = document.getElementById(Id); element.innerHTML = content;     } else if(document.layers)   {    element = document.layers[Id];element.document.open();    element.document.write(content);    element.document.close();      }

The second part was for Netscape. Since everything support getElementById do everything support also the innerHTML or I will have the do a browser detection instead?Just to let you know I'm creating a object in javascript to manage div that's not exactly the code I'll use but I don't need to show everything to have my answer... I'll post a message with the code when it will be ready to work and have some usefull function...