data retreival question

Farsue

I was a complete idiot and deleted my pictures off of the digital camera. I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve this data. I believe you can use a program for this kind of situation on a hard disk, but can it be done with an :) card? If you could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.Thanks for your time :)and if this post doesn't belong in this section or even in this forum I apologize, don't mean to spam.

Hello,It's ok. We've had camera discussions before, so this isn't too bad.Unfortunatley, unless your camera has a cache that stays with it forever, there will be no traces of the pictures on its memory card. Cameras usually do not have hard drives, so you can try going to a local camera store and asking if there's anything on your memory card. If there's not, i'm sorry, there's no way to retrieve the data. :)Choco

Hello,It's ok. We've had camera discussions before, so this isn't too bad.Unfortunatley, unless your camera has a cache that stays with it forever, there will be no traces of the pictures on its memory card. Cameras usually do not have hard drives, so you can try going to a local camera store and asking if there's anything on your memory card. If there's not, i'm sorry, there's no way to retrieve the data. :)Choco

Thanks for the reply :) Then this wouldn't be of any use, http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/ ? Sorry to keep bothering it had my prom pictures on it :)

Somehow, that seems like a huge scam. I'm sure no memory card company would make a card that would hold old pictures---it would take up too much space. That program probably wouldn't work. You can try it thought...you never know :)