good question. I know you can usee only object and get Flash to work (with a bit of work) but I haven't really looked into this before so I am not sure.Did you try Google?

Yes all over google, I just wanted to get a good list, of atleast some of the stuff supported, I couldn't even get .wma to work, I watned to set up as many as possible, I am using a php variable, from a database, I hve the url's recorded, so I am using a variable, but it should be the same thing. Ijust have to figure out what file types it supported, I have been scouring google/yahoo for hours, I still am. I am trying to work that out right now, I am searching everything I can think of for it.

object is not depreciated and embed is.
<embed> was a tag created by netscape but works in most browsers. It was never part of w3 recommendations, so since it never officaly existed it can't be deprecated.W3C recommend using the <object> tag.

I don't think the object tag itself has explicit support for anything, it's what software is loaded on the client's machine. If they have a windows media player plugin for the browser, then the browser can play an embedded windows media file. If they have a real player plugin, then the browser can play real media files (not that anyone would want to). It's more about the client then the tag though, the tag just suggests what the browser should do, it's up to the browser to actually find something to do it with.

I used the following script pages for my includes on my display page. This should take care of everything<!-- begin embedded Flash file... --> <table border='0' cellpadding='0' align="center"> <tr><td> <OBJECT classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0' width="320" height="240"> <param name='movie' value="<?=$funnyurl?>"> <param name='quality' value="high"> <param name='bgcolor' value='#FFFFFF'> <param name='loop' value="true"> <EMBED src="<?=$funnyurl?>" quality='high' bgcolor='#FFFFFF' width="320" height="240" loop="true" type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash'> </EMBED> </OBJECT> </td></tr> <!-- ...end embedded Flash file --> </table><a href="<?=$funnyurl?>"><?=$nameoffunny?></a>And a lot more. I did one for each and covered almost all of the file extensions I could think of