Can you include libraroes?

reportingsjr

Well, I wanted to be able to learn how to use and use the gd library (creates images on the page) but my host doesnt have it. Is there a way I can like include it on whatever page I want to use it? Or will I have to go through and edit my php.ini files?

I don't think that you can programmatically change which extensions get loaded, you will need to edit the php.ini file to load that extension. You can use extension_loaded or get_loaded_extensions to determine if it is loaded, but you can't programmatically load it.

So I couldnt just like find the gd library with all the functions defined it in then include it? How would I go about adding it to my site. or will the host have to do that?

The host will have to do it, you can't arbitrarily link in anything you want with PHP. The host will have to enable support for you. The GD library, and all other extensions, do not get loaded on-demand, all extensions get loaded when PHP starts up. By the time your script gets executed, all extensions have already been loaded and all built-in functions have already been defined, it's not something you can do after the fact.

I see :blink:. Ill have to talk to him about it..My host is my brother in law :) lucky me. He gave me a free domain and free hosting with around 300mb of space and lots of other features. I wouldnt be able to do this otherwise because im only 13 :).Oh yeah, he said that he can do cron jobs on the server and he can give me shell access he just needs to change my admin cp to have it on there. Ill email him. He has bad memory :)