Simple help needed

Matt

I have a simple Guestbook function that I need some help... modifying.http://matt.artemis-fowl.com/tests/guestbook.phpI want to add a META Refresh that, after exactly three minutes, will take the information posted in the form and send it. So, basically, I want it as if the user has clicked submit after 3 minutes. Can this be done?Thanks!MattIf you need the code, just ask.

This can't be done reliably. About the only thing you can do is to use javascript to submit the form after a certain time, but if javascript is disabled this won't work. The other thing you can do is have a timestamp that gets submitted with the form, and check if the timestamp is more than 3 minutes old once the form gets submitted. The problem with this is that the user won't know they have gone over until they submitted. You can try a combination of both of these, but like I said, it's not very reliable or user-friendly.

I don't know of any tutorial. What you will need to do is use the javascript setTimeout function to trigger an event after a certain amount of time. The event you will want to trigger is the form's submit action. If you give your form an id:<form id="myform">The submit action in javascript would be something like this:document.getElementById("myform").submit();