Help with CSS interference from or to accordion.

DavidHenson

I use this awesome accordion on my website. I love it, but I seem to have an issue with interference with other parts of my website, the menu and side nav, for example. I've managed to get everything the way I like it, hover color, text color etc. But I'm having some problems with the padding (I think). On this page I've gotten rid of most of the stuff (menus, side nav, etc.) and the padding or whatever is perfect, used with a table which creates a look like my accordion is drawers in a desk. That's the way I want it on other pages, like this one, where the other stuff is used. It creates a space that doesn't allow that compact look like on the first page I linked to. 

I guess what I want is some way to make the menu not interfere with the accordion or the other way around? I don't know, I was hoping someone could help me. I sure would appreciate it. My CSS.

8 hours ago, dsonesuk said:

1. Use !important.

2. Use higher id ref to parent container or even a sibling using '+' which represents the next following element.

3. Use :not(selector) to not include css of specific selector id, class etc.

Thanks, but I don't know what those things are, I wouldn't know where to put them or how to use them. I've decided just to move on. The accordion is fine the way it is.  

On 2/12/2024 at 4:55 AM, DavidHenson said:

Thanks, but I don't know what those things are, I wouldn't know where to put them or how to use them. I've decided just to move on. The accordion is fine the way it is.  

Yea, I know what you mean. If only there was a website of some kind that would explain what these things are and how to implement them....👀🤦