Question

businessman332211@hotmail.com

I found out what I needed to find out, I have a quick question. I am doing something called "flash remoting" in php, but a little different.What is the best method(he knows actionscript, I don't I only know php). Here is the thing, I am creating the functions in php. I create them using php, he is wanting to be able to call those functions from directly inside actionscript. Like if I set up a function to add new users into a database, in the middle of his actionscript programming logic he wants to be able to call the funciton out of nowhere, and for it to work, and do what it's suppose to do, w hat is the best way to get him to be able to do this.???

Isn't that what PHPObject was for in the other thread? That seems like the point of it.Otherwise you can make your own I/O page that will get information from the querystring and do processing. The getURL function in actionscript can be used to get a return value.

I dropped the other thread, it wasn't what I was wanting and was more oriented around flash than php, so I forgot that thread and opened this one, what I was wondering though, If I create a function in php, he is wanted to be able to directly call that function inside the actionscript for flash. Like I create a function for instance that echo's hello world, he wants to be able to call that function and have it echo hello world in his flash files, or whatever that type of flash/php interaction, like if he needs database stuff done, he calls the php function in actionscript, and passes along the variables it needs, like you would normally do in php.

Hold on, there was a site I was on before that had a tutorial for this. Ill check it now.EDIT: okay, I checked it out and it would be confusing for me to post. So here is the link:http://uiv2.com/tutorials/55:) I hope this is right, I scanned it and it looks like both can communicate with each other...

I dropped the other thread, it wasn't what I was wanting and was more oriented around flash than php, so I forgot that thread and opened this one, what I was wondering though, If I create a function in php, he is wanted to be able to directly call that function inside the actionscript for flash. Like I create a function for instance that echo's hello world, he wants to be able to call that function and have it echo hello world in his flash files, or whatever that type of flash/php interaction, like if he needs database stuff done, he calls the php function in actionscript, and passes along the variables it needs, like you would normally do in php.
Again, from what I read about PHPObject it looks like that is the point of it.