High-Res Images

vchris

Is there anywhere I could find some free high resolution images about anything? I know you could always go on those paying sites where they have thousands if not millions of images for website use.

the only reason you would need to find high-res images is if you are intending to use them for print. If you are, I am not sure you will find too many places that will give them away for free. If, however, you are just trying to track down so high quality images, a google search for "royalty-free web photos" should yield decent results.

If you create an account at corbis.com you can get a lot of royalty-free web-size photos, but they charge exhorbitant fees for high-res or even medium-res versions. Exhorbitant as in $70 for 640x480. Or $250 for 3XXX x 2XXX

If you create an account at corbis.com you can get a lot of royalty-free web-size photos, but they charge exhorbitant fees for high-res or even medium-res versions. Exhorbitant as in $70 for 640x480. Or $250 for 3XXX x 2XXX
Those are crazy prices! All I need is high-res or maybe just medium-res images for use on some websites. For example if I do a website for a hosting company well I'd like nice pics of maybe computer towers, people working, nice icons, bullets....I know lots of paying sites for images but they have comparable prices to what you quoted. It's just an image!!! Why so high? They'll sell that pic to hundreds of users anyway.I guess google is the answer...EDIT: Most of the royalty free images I found were 30 days and the quality was low and the image were small :) Edited by vchris

Not only free, but royalty-free *and* top quality? Afraid that doesn't exist.Cheap and reasonable quality:www.istockphoto.comFree and okay quality:www.freerangestock.comwww.morguefile.comwww.stockvault.netwww.sxc.hu
there's a list for you.

I really like istockphoto.com....very reasonable prices.
I agree. They look pretty nice and cheap. I don't need 5000x5000px pics I just need something that will look nice on a website and some images can be hard to find online.Thanks for the links Little Goat :)

Try Gettyimages.com. I use it a lot.
Only problem is their royal free pics are only for 30 days...and I didn't see any prices unless I logged in. What kind of price do they have?