Is there a way to get a page to load within another page?

harambeegirl

My webpage is at www.anansisweb.comMy page layout has a right scroll <div> and a left scroll <div> within a container on a DWT.On some pages, I would like to manage large amounts of information that scroll down the page. I have considered this option -- put some content in a right column, create an internal link outside the <div> that opens a new window or page within the right column <div> while maintaining the same parent page. In essence, it would be a page within a page. Is this possible or am I merely delusional?

But if you turn to server-side, and don't mind going deeper in programming, eg PHP can load documents in other documents without using frames. Just place content of file two in file one. Like with the include(). Server-side would be more difficult, but it would be the alternate for frames :)Using such thing like include() doesn't require full HTML files at all, even one HTML element is possible to include in a page. Whatever piece you want. Also, javascript that was used at the child document, can now have access to its parent document (and vica versa), using frames you are not allowed to do that.

I apologize if I sound geeky, but I-frames are cool!The html format has an open and close tag. Is something supposed to go inside these tags?
Ignore my previous question -- not thinking straight.If you look at my page now (www.anansisweb.com), I put the iframes in the right sidebar. However this isn't the result that I had expected.I was expecting a list of links:
  • Adinkra Books
  • Adinkra Websites
  • Adinkra Meanings

that would open the same internal window within the sidebar. I was hoping that the same window would open for each link, not separate windows for each link, because there is still a lot of scrolling. I was also hoping to avoid the scroll window within the scroll window because it seems unattractive.Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can make this information available to users with a click so that they are not required to scroll through a long list of data? I wanted to avoid pop-up windows because everybody hates them, people don't want them cluttering their desktops and browsers block them anyway.

But if you turn to server-side, and don't mind going deeper in programming, eg PHP can load documents in other documents without using frames. Just place content of file two in file one. Like with the include(). Server-side would be more difficult, but it would be the alternate for frames :)Using such thing like include() doesn't require full HTML files at all, even one HTML element is possible to include in a page. Whatever piece you want. Also, javascript that was used at the child document, can now have access to its parent document (and vica versa), using frames you are not allowed to do that.
Sorry, I don't know PHP or Javascript.

I know you are not (yet) familiar with them, but at least it is an alternate for when you just want to include some part of a page. Like a banner for all the pages you have, in one external file. Then you won't have to use frames to load all those page parts together :) Maybe this can be a strive for you to learn those languages, but that's up to you of cource.Frames can do it too, if you use them correctly :) What exactly went wrong, could you post the code ?

I don't think that there is an error per se. I think it is behaving the way it is supposed to. The problem (for me) is that I think the solution is worse than the original problem because it looks worse (from a design standpoint) than before.Here is HTML code for the i-frame.

<div id="rightsidebar">	<h3 class="h3green">Adinkra Symbolism</h3>	<p>What is Adinkra? Read a definition at the 	<a href="http://www.ghana.gov.gh/visiting/culture/adinkra.php">Republic of Ghana</a></p>	<iframe src="inline_content/adinkra_books.htm"></iframe>	<iframe src="inline_content/adinkra_websites.htm"></iframe>	<iframe src="inline_content/adinkra_meanings.htm"></iframe>	</div>

Here is CSS code for the site.

/* CSS layout */body {	margin: 0;	padding: 0;	border: 0;	background-position: center center;	background-image: url('../images/spiderback6.jpg');	background-repeat: repeat;	background-attachment: scroll;	font-family: African, Arial Black;}/* Site Typography */h1, h3 {	margin-bottom: 10px;	font-weight: lighter;	text-align: center;	font-family: African, Arial Black;}h1 {	color: black;	background-color: inherit;	font-size: x-large;	letter-spacing: 1px;	position: absolute;	z-index: 2;	width: 740px;	top: 10px;	left: 50px;}h3.h3red {	color: red;	background-color: transparent;	font-size: large;	letter-spacing: 2px;	padding: 3px;	line-height: 14pt;	position: absolute;	z-index: 2;	width: 740px;	top: 65px;	left: 50px;}h3.h3green {	color: green;	font-size: large;	letter-spacing: 2px;	padding: 3px;	line-height: 14pt;	background-image:url('../images/spiderback11.gif')}h3.h3greenmast {	color: green;	background-color: transparent;	font-size: large;	letter-spacing: 2px;	padding: 3px;	line-height: 14pt;	position: absolute;	z-index: 2;	width: 740px;	top: 110px;	left: 50px;}p {	font-size: small;	background-color: inherit;	line-height: 14pt;	font-weight: lighter;	color: black; 	font-family: African, Arial Black;}/* Links */a:link {	color: blue;	background-color: inherit;	font-weight: lighter;	text-decoration: underline; 	line-height: 14pt;	font-size: small;}a:visited {	color: red;	background-color: inherit;	font-weight: lighter;	text-decoration: underline; 	line-height: 14pt;	font-size: small;}a:hover {	text-decoration: underline; 	color: maroon;	font-size: small;	background-color: inherit;}a:active {	color: blue;	background-color: inherit;	font-weight: lighter;	text-decoration: none;	line-height: 14pt;	font-size: small;}/* Site Divisions */#masthead {	position: relative; top: 0px; margin-left: 60px;	vertical-align: middle;	height: 125px;	width: 800px;	overflow: hidden;	padding: 20px;	border: 0px;	text-align: center;	font-style: normal;	text-indent: 0px;	letter-spacing: 1.75px;	background-position: center center;	background-repeat: repeat;	background-image: url('../images/spiderback11.gif');	font-family: African, Arial Black;}#navmenu {	position: relative; top: 0px; margin-left: 60px;	text-align: center;	height: 75px;	width: 832px;	vertical-align: middle;	overflow: hidden;	padding: 5px 0px;	border: solid medium; 	border-color: red green;	background-image: url('../images/spiderback11.gif');}#container {	position: relative; top: 0px; margin-left: 60px;	vertical-align: middle;	float: none;	padding: 15px;	width: 810px;	height: 400px;		border: 0px;	background-image: url('../images/spiderback11.gif');	background-color: #ffffff;}#maincontent.shortwidth {	overflow: scroll;	vertical-align: middle;	position: relative;	float: left;	width: 450px;	height: 380px;	background-color: #ffffff;	border: 0px;	padding: 10px;}#maincontent.longwidth {	overflow: scroll;	vertical-align: middle;	position: relative;	float: left;	width: 800px;	height: 380px;	background-color: #ffffff;	border: 0px;	padding: 10px 0px;}#rightsidebar {	overflow: scroll; 	vertical-align: middle;	position: relative;	float: right;	width: 300px;	height: 380px;	background-color: #ffffff;	padding: 10px;	border: 0px;}#footer {	position: relative; top: 0px; margin-left: 60px;	overflow: auto;	vertical-align: bottom;	text-align: center;	width: 580px;	height: 95px;	padding: 10px 130px;	border: 0px;	background-image: url('../images/spiderback11.gif');}/* Images */img.hspace1 {	padding: 0px 30px;	border: 0px;	margin: 5px 0px;}img.hspace2 {	margin: 0px 10px;	border: solid 2px; 	border-color: green;}img.Gye{	position: absolute;	left: 80px;	top: 10px;	z-index: 1;	margin: 0px 10px;}img.YeOhene{	position: absolute;	left: 255px;	top: 10px;	z-index: 1;	margin: 0px 10px;}img.Nti{	position: absolute;	left: 440px;	top: 10px;	z-index: 1;	margin: 0px 10px;}img.AnanseMast{	position: absolute;	left: 635px;	top: 10px;	z-index: 1;	margin: 0px 10px;}img.AnanseMastLft{	position: absolute;	left: 50px;	top: 0px;	padding: 0px 5px;	z-index: 2;}img.AnanseMastRgt{	position: absolute;	left: 640px;	top: 0px;	padding: 0px 5px;	z-index: 2;}/* Miscellaneous */ul {	font-size: small;	font-weight: lighter;	line-height: 14pt;	font-family: African, Arial Black;}span.copyright {	font-family: Times New Roman;	font-size: medium;}a:link.caption {	margin: 0px 18px;	color: green;	font-size: small;	font-weight: lighter;}a:visited.caption {	margin: 0px 18px;	color: green;	font-size: small;	font-weight: lighter;}span.AdinkraNames {	color: green;}iframe {	overflow: scroll;	width: 270px;	position: static;	height: 250px;	margin: 5px;}

Ok, but you also haven't specified any dimensions for the iframes, so I can imagine it doesn't look very well. Would it even a bit help if you specified widths and heights for the iframes? :) If that doesn't work out either for you, then you can throw the iframes away :)