Repeating Background Image

holmedwa04

Hi,I was creating a website a while ago, and I had an image that I needed to go down the right side of my page, obviously because the size of my page would change I set the image to a certain size and then made it the background of a cell, the problem only occured when I realised that the image would repeat both left and right as well as up and down.Does anyone have any suggestions pelase on how to make an image only repeat up and down and not left to right?

Are we talking about a background image? If so, then:

background-repeat: repeat-y;

should do the trick.

Are we talking about a background image? If so, then:
background-repeat: repeat-y;

should do the trick.

I am using this line of code now, but im not sure whether I have put it right or not:
<td width="77" background-repeat: repat-y;="rightbg.gif">

It doesnt seem to do anything at all now, it just doesnt display a background now?Sorry for an inconvenience!

I am using this line of code now, but im not sure whether I have put it right or not:
<td width="77" background-repeat: repat-y;="rightbg.gif">

It doesnt seem to do anything at all now, it just doesnt display a background now?Sorry for an inconvenience!

Uhhh... I'm talking about CSS here...
<td width="77" style="background: url(rightbg.gif) repeat-y;">

Ok, thanks, that is working now, only one more problem, how do I get it to align right?I thought there must of been some way to do it, its just not documented very much!
<td width="77" style="background: url(rightbg.gif) repeat-y;background-position:right;">

You seriously need to read the CSS tutorial
I do use CSS, I have my own style sheet, all be it not a very good one, but it does some stuff for me.Its here is you want to have a look at it.
a:link {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"}a:visited {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"}a:hover {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"}a:link.2 {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"; font-weight: "bold";}a:visited.2 {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"; font-weight: "bold";}a:hover.2 {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"; font-weight; "bold";}a:link.3 {color:"black"; text-decoration:"none"}a:visited.3 {color:"black"; text-decoration:"none"}a:hover.3 {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"}a:link.4 {color:"red"; text-decoration:"none"}a:visited.4 {color:"red"; text-decoration:"none"}a:hover.4 {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"}body {scrollbar-3dlight-color:#000000; scrollbar-arrow-color:#FFFFFF; scrollbar-base-color:#000033; scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#000000; scrollbar-face-color:#000066;scrollbar-track-color:#000099; scrollbar-shadow-color:#000033}

I have used class' on my link settings, so I can have different links.

Do you know that all this code

scrollbar-3dlight-color:#000000; scrollbar-arrow-color:#FFFFFF; scrollbar-base-color:#000033; scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#000000; scrollbar-face-color:#000066;scrollbar-track-color:#000099; scrollbar-shadow-color:#000033

is not standard and will only work under Internet Explorer?You will get in trouble to validade the code :) Paulo A. Silva

Do you know that all this code
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#000000; scrollbar-arrow-color:#FFFFFF; scrollbar-base-color:#000033; scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#000000; scrollbar-face-color:#000066;scrollbar-track-color:#000099; scrollbar-shadow-color:#000033

is not standard and will only work under Internet Explorer?You will get in trouble to validade the code :) Paulo A. Silva

Oh, right, I didn't realise, does it stop it from working in other browsers or just make it display normally?