Create Tables in MySql

superhoops

Hi my name is Michael and i have just started working with mysql today. I have a database already and want to add a table to it using sql/php code.Here is the code i have:

<?php$con = mysql_connect("db5.awardspace.com:3306","fmpsite_reg","password");if (!$con)  {  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());  }// Create table in fmpsite_reg databasemysql_select_db("fmpsite_reg", $con);$sql = "CREATE TABLE Market (Player varchar(15),Price varchar(12),Type textPosition textAge int(2)Ka int(2)Ta int(2)Pa int(2)Sa int(2))";mysql_query($sql,$con);?>

I have put in the password field password so noone here takes it but i was wondering what is wrong with the code or what i need to do to create the tables as i uploaded this file and went to my database and the table had not been created.Any help will be greatly appreciated.ThanksMichael

Sorted it out. Thanks
Deleted the closing the connection part of it.I have another problem guysOn this page http://www.fmprotasy.com/Test/transfer_market1.phpWhen i put in information and click submit it says thisWarning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/www/fmprotasy.com/Test/insert.php on line 11Error:Here is the code i have for the insert page:
<?php$db = mysql_connect("db5.awardspace.com:3306", "fmpsite_reg", "password") or die("Could not connect.");if(!$db) 	die("no db");if(!mysql_select_db("fmpsite_reg",$db)) 	die("No database selected.");if(!get_magic_quotes_gpc())mysql_select_db("fmprotasy_reg", $con);$sql="INSERT INTO Market (Player, Price, Type, Position, Age, Ka, Ta, Pa, Sa)VALUES ('$_POST[Player]','$_POST[Price]','$_POST[Type]' '$_POST[Position]', '$_POST[Age]', '$_POST[GK]', '$_POST[DEF]', '$_POST[MID]', '$_POST[ATT]',)";if (!mysql_query($sql,$con))  {  die('Error: ' . mysql_error());  }?>

If anyone could tell me the problem here i would be very greatful.

You are trying to use a variable called $con to represent your database connection, but you never set up $con. Instead, you set up a connection called $db, but then you don't use it. Either change your references at the top to use $con instead of $db, or change your references at the bottom to use $db instead of $con.