Opera question

Alendar

<div class="borderwrap">	<div class="maintitle">		<p> Article 1</p>	</div>		  <table class="table" cellspacing="1"><tbody>		<tr> 			1		</tr><tr> 			<td class="catend" colspan="5"></td>		</tr>	</tbody></table></div>

.table { width:100%;  text-align: left;  }

I'm surprised Firefox allows stuff like that as well, but when you think that Firefox's goal is to get people to switch from IE, I guess it makes a little sense to allow for a little crap here and there. I hope they phase that out as the versions progress though and get a little more strict, lazy web developers have had it too good for too long! The way I see it, there is no need for something like "quirks mode", or any alternative way of displaying a page. It should ideally be unambiguous how to display it, but that counts on web developers knowing what they are doing (that's why we're here, isn't it?) and not making the browser guess.I'm surprised Opera displayed it in the table at all though. Most of the time when I screw up and leave something out of a td, Opera puts the content above the table itself. Not the best presentation choice, but it definately lets me know right away that I screwed up.

although I am surprised FireFox displayed it correctly.
... but did it? How do you correctly display invalid code?

Yes, that usually happens with me to justsomeguy, if I dont have my info inside of a <tr> or <td> it will just stick it efore the start of the table. Must be how you coded it!BTW, 400th post! :)