CSS Integration of New Attributes

Designermonkey

Hi there.... I need to ask a question that I'm sure other people are wondering...When are the Mozilla specific elements going to be introduced as standard into CSS. I use Mozilla Firefox now instead of IE (for obvious reasons) and am designing a company website. Specifically the -moz-border-radius attribute is really usefull to save my pages having loads of small rounded corner gifs all over the place. If no one knows... the -moz-border-radius attribute lets you round the corners of any tag that uses the border attribute, it is extremely usefull and really needs to be introduced into CSS as standard.So.... enough of the rambling.... Does anyone know of where I can find a list of proposed new attribute introductions to CSS, or when the Mozilla features are going to be added as standard?? And does anyone know how long other browsers usually take to follow suit on new updates to CSS???Really wanna know you guys!Cheers. :)

CSS 3 will probably have most of these features integrated (including gradients and cool opacity settings), but the problem is---when will ALL of the browsers have all of these things integrated? IE still hasn't fully integrated CSS 2!

I believe the new IE7 will be full CSS2 supporting but that took 5 years to get (better not be another 5 until IE8 or they will toast...wait a minute, hopefully it is another 5 years :)) and will be out before years end.It is being distributed as an automatic update so IE6 usage will probably drop fast.

And does anyone know how long other browsers usually take to follow suit on new updates to CSS???
It looks like Opera takes around a year or so, Firefox maybe a little longer, and it takes IE around 9 years. On the Vista prices that got leaked on Amazon this week, they were listing the estimated shipping date as January 30, 2007. I think Microsoft is pretty much done with IE7, but they are sitting on it until Vista gets released. So IE7 will put us at the level of CSS that was seen around Opera 6 and Firefox 0.8 or something. So expect the current level of support for CSS in Opera and Firefox to show up in IE around 2015. Unless of course Microsoft actually devotes a decent amount of resources towards IE development. The reason Opera is able to keep on top of everything is because Opera Software ASA only develops the Opera browser, so the company literally revolves around the one product. Mozilla is sort of the same, but the developers who work on Firefox are more fragmented then the Opera developers are, who are all gainfully employed specifically to work on that browser. But with the amount of resources that Microsoft has available, you would think they would get on the ball and make their browser a competitor again. It seems like the point of IE now is to stop losing customers, they certainly aren't gaining any with it.