HTML Colours V.S Image Editing Program Colours

holmedwa04

When I set the background for a cell to CCCCCC, and then I set the background of the actual image on an image editing program to CCCCCC, when I look at the image in the cell, there is a difference in colours. Why do you think this is.This is the page herePlease can you help me, because it is really bugging me!

The image editor is probably only saving a limited number of colors, or it is using a websafe palette or something like that. That image is 650x650 and saved as a gif, which only supports 256 colors, so it might be approximating. But there is probably a setting in your image editing program to choose which palette to use when exporting. What program are you using?

try changing your background color to#C0C0C0I took a screenshot, and that is the color that is in the image.
Yeh, that has worked thanks!
The image editor is probably only saving a limited number of colors, or it is using a websafe palette or something like that. That image is 650x650 and saved as a gif, which only supports 256 colors, so it might be approximating. But there is probably a setting in your image editing program to choose which palette to use when exporting. What program are you using?
Yeh probally, but Cronthenoob has fixed it for me. I thought CCCCCC was part of the 256 colours anyway?

If you would use msPaint, you can't check what hexcode a certain color is, unfortunately. Other programs though. But with paint you do can check what RGB() value you could use, those are also allowed online. So you would not need to download a certain program to check a color to match backgrounds, paint can do it already :)

If you would use msPaint, you can't check what hexcode a certain color is, unfortunately. Other programs though. But with paint you do can check what RGB() value you could use, those are also allowed online. So you would not need to download a certain program to check a color to match backgrounds, paint can do it already :)
The colour chart I have has the RGB values aswell so, yeh thanks