Design Help

rakeshinnovation

I would like to develop a medium sized website which I will be starting by a personal one and then moving out to make it to a commercial one. I would like to add functionalities like e commerce also. I have thought a lot about the web hosting and thought yahoo geocities is a good option. I would like to know which language should i start with> Should i use CSS or xtml or html. which one would be better for me. I am confused with this , or should i wait and learn .net and asp as well as php and then build my website or should i start now itself with other options like html, xtml or css, which is better for me, I am confused with this . please help me

Geocities is not a good host. Your site will be slow, fuill of ads and very limited.Check out this link to see some good info on hosting.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3770CSS is a presentation language that cannot do anything without HTML or XHTML.I would say start XHTML and CSS first (HTML is older and 'messier' than XHTML)

If you ever want to have e-commerce capabilities you will most likely need a server side language like ASP or PHP. I don't think geocities allows you to use these languages.If you want to build a personal page, you should start out with xhtml and css. Eventually, as your site needs more functionality, pick up wichever server side language is easiest for you! There are several.After you get started, and get stuck (you will get stuck) just come here! There are lots of active members that help people like yourself all day, everyday!