*sigh* can someone tell a first-time coder what she's doing wrong ?

Nicky_Pot

Okay, here's what i've got so far - but it keeps looking for the local file "Adress2$" rather than opening Adress2$ as an URLAnd yes, i know this isn't the most elegant bit of code out there. Give me a break, will you? it's the first JavaScript i've -EVER- written.

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">var tvar ivar adress$var adress2$function timedCount(){document.getElementById('txt').value=idocument.getElementById('Adress2$').value=adress$+idocument.frame.location.href=adress2$i = Math.round(99999*Math.random())adress$="http://www.forumname.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t="adress2$="http://www.forumname.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t="t=setTimeout("timedCount()",15000)}</script></head><body onLoad="timedCount()"><form><input type="text" id="txt"><input type="button" id="adress2$"><iframe src="adress2$" height="980%" width="100%" name="frame"></form></body></html>Edit - Nevermind, i've cracked it. Now to find a way for this sucker to keep track of the fact i'm logged in to those forums

One thing, end all things with the semi colon ( ; ), this signals that the function or declaration or whatever has ended.Oh yeah, Imframes are supposed to be ended with the </iframe> tag.And please, we have kids in here, dont cuss!

One thing, end all things with the semi colon ( ; ), this signals that the function or declaration or whatever has ended.Oh yeah, Imframes are supposed to be ended with the </iframe> tag.And please, we have kids in here, dont cuss!
Okay :) done and done.Still, my problem remains - i would like to open the URL in a new Window, rather than in a frame, as i strongly suspect it'll keep track of my cookies then. Any idea's ?

Okay :) done and done.Still, my problem remains - i would like to open the URL in a new Window, rather than in a frame, as i strongly suspect it'll keep track of my cookies then. Any idea's ?
i dont reli not much bout javascript but cant u jus use da
 target='blank'

?????????????