How to stop the Information toolbar in IE from blocking JS

PHPJack77

Hi guys and gals, For some time now the Information Toolbar at the top of IE that blocks JavaScript from running localy without clicking on the tool bar, clicking accept, ect... has bugged the crap out of me. I recently discovered a fix and wanted to share it in case someone else is having the same problem.Open 'Internet Explorer'Click on 'Tools' at the topSelect 'Internet Options'Click on the 'Advanced' tabLocate the 'Security' headerCheck the box that says 'Allow active content to run in files on My Computer'I'm sure this is not enabled for security reasons, but then again I really don't care myself, but I'm not a very paranoid person and for me the convenience is worth the risk... Just wanted to say that now because I'm sure someone will mention the security risks :)Hope this helps!

Hi,I wish I have found your post earlier. I just started learning JavaScript a few days ago and got stuck with my HelloWorld example!Several sites with JavaScript tutorials for beginners that I visited don't bother mentioning about enabling that option in IE.HHH :)

It's odd why some people don't bother to discover the possibilities of their browser.I don't know all of the things Opera and Firefox can do, but I don't use them as my primary browser, so I don't need to. I use IE7. Even in IE6 I knew everything it had to offer. IE7 has added a few new things, which I understood pretty quickly now too.It's not a "fix" when it's actually a "browser setting". I mean, there's nothing new here. There's not an extra file to add, a file to edit or anything. Just a setting, or in other words, a sequence of clicks in a premade GUI Application, that's part of the main application.Browser settings are optimized for consumers. Developers are expected to have the knowledge and courage to tweak the browser's settings, and as a developer, you really should digg into things before you give up.Did you know that in IE you can...

• ... alter some of the default styles?
  • ... use a custom CSS file to view your pages with?
  • ... turn JRE for IE off (if installed) and thus use JVM instead?
  • ... even turn JVM off?
  • ... have inline auto-complete?
  • ... disable auto-complete for certain things (for example, if you want auto complete on URLs, but not on form components).
  • ... print background colors and images?
  • ... disable selected other add-ons (plug-ins) for IE?
  • ... disable add-ons completely with a single setting?
  • ... change the language in which you prefer pages, so sites can deliver more proper content to you?
  • ... apply specifc secutiry settings for trusted (whitelist) sites, others for untrusted (blacklist) sites and third for other Internet sites (not in list)?

I know, I know... Firefox and Opera probably had those things long before they appeared in IE. But the fact is that most consumers don't know theese thigs. And it's a pity some developers don't know either.P.S. Please don't tell me you don't know what JRE and/or JVM is.