Help urls.

rswildy

Im guessing your name has to do with Runescape? I used to play that game.. Way back when though. Your answer: You will need a server side language, PHP is the most popular but ASP is also an option. I know php. Anways this would be your code:<form action="page.php" method="get"><input type="text" name="reduel" /><br /><input type="submit" value="Do it"/></form>Thats for the form, when the user hit the Do it button whatever the put in reduel would be in the url like this:http://site.com/page.php?reduel=RswildyTo pull the info from the url you will need a server side language. Simple enough:page.php --

<?phpecho $_GET['reduel'];?>

That will put whatever you typed in on the screen :).

Meh.. I got bored after the 4th year of playing =\. Ive been playing.. since about 2 weeks after it first came out. I had no knees lol. It just gets boring after a while. Some people quicker, some people less. Actually when I quit rs I went to a game called RS Battle (You can guess whats it based off lol) and after a while on there I got curious as to how exactly you make games like this. The creator said "PHP", since then which was less than a year ago I have gotten a pretty good grip on:

• HTML
  • XHTML (Basically same things)
  • CSS
  • Javascript (not JAVA, I am learning Java though :))
  • AJAX (Branch off javascript)
  • PHP
  • SQL

And I have a ways to go! Im only 14 to :) (Just turned it on the 14th which is less than 2 weeks ago). Right now im learning Java so I hope to have it down pretty well by the end of this year. Wish me luck :)!

Here's a way to do it with javascript.Put this script between the <head> and </head> tags in your HTML document. And make sure that the form element that has the text in it has an id of "searchGet"

<script type="text/javascript">function goTo(val) {  window.location="http://folk.ntnu.no/khanghyv/Arcade/index.php?b=rswild&u="+val;}</script>

Your form should look like this:<!-- The text input --><input type="text" id="textval" /><!-- The button --><input type="button" value="Go" onclick="goTo(document.getElementById('textval').value)" />