<table> acting wierd

Ruud Hermans

I just created a table wih 3 tables inside of it looking like this:

<table border="0"><tr><td width=15% height=100%><table class="groove" align=left><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr></table></td><td width=70% height=100%><table class="groove" align=center width=100%><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr></table></td><td width=15% height=100%><table class="groove" align=right><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr></table></td></tr></table

I don't get it but for some reason the borders of the table on the right are pressed more up then the other 2....Ruud Hermans

Has no effect.let me try to show better what I mean. there are 3 tables next to eachother in one main table but the one on the right sticks out on the top like this. :)

............................................			   ..			.			.			   ..			.			.			   ..			.			.			   ..			.			.			   ............................................

Has no effect.let me try to show better what I mean. there are 3 tables next to eachother in one main table but the one on the right sticks out on the top like this. :)
						  ............................................			   ..			.			.			   ..			.			.			   ..			.			.			   ..			.			.			   ............................................

The one on the right sticks out more because you have 4-4-5 table rows. It's also because the contents are centered in the table so the first two are lower down, add valign="top" to even things up.<table border="1"><tr><td width=15% height=100% valign="top"><table class="groove" align=left><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr></table></td><td width=70% height=100% valign="top"><table class="groove" align=center width=100%><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=70% height=100%>content</td></tr></table></td><td width=15% height=100% valign="top"><table class="groove" align=right><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr><tr><td width=15% height=100%>content</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>*EDITED

Emagine this to be a lay-out for a page would it be possible in any way to creat a 4th table underneath the on on the righ using the same width as it? :) Ruud Hermans
Tables :) na i wouldn't bother.Sounds as though css would be a better choice, especially if you want to "layer" elements on the page, you can use z-index :)

Damn I used to be able of doing this crap but I just can't figure it out no more how to do stuff like that in HTML.Anyway you got a link that explains what you mean with what you where suggesting?Couse if I read w3schools tutorial on it seems it can't do what I was pointing out to.Ruud Hermans

Damn I used to be able of doing this crap but I just can't figure it out no more how to do stuff like that in HTML.Anyway you got a link that explains what you mean with what you where suggesting?Ruud Hermans
Tabless layouthttp://www.w3.org/2002/03/csslayout-howtoThere are many others on google if you do a search :) z-index allows you to layer things on a page depending on their number, highest has most priority (sits on top)http://www.w3schools.com/dhtml/tryit.asp?f...rydhtml_zindex2