Break up Table in SQL! Help me

haibec

Hi Guys!I have problem : I have table Lottery include fields: ID,Name,Ticket1,Ticket2,Ticket3 ( With a user have max three ticket). I make a program use for Lottery (with Ticket1,ticket2,ticket3). I user random() function.I Want break up my table folow :I will add 2 field in to my table have name : Ticket and NewID and NewID field is Autocrement. With a user have three ticket .Example : ID Name Ticket1 Ticket2 Ticket3 23 John 001 003 112will Break up: NewID ID Name Ticket 1 23 John 001 2 23 John 003 3 23 John 112And finish : I will dial number in NewID use random() functionPlease help me

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys!I have problem : I have table Lottery include fields: ID,Name,Ticket1,Ticket2,Ticket3 ( With a user have max three ticket). I make a program use for Lottery (with Ticket1,ticket2,ticket3). I user random() function.I Want break up my table folow :I will add 2 field in to my table have name : Ticket and NewID and NewID field is Autocrement. With a user have three ticket .Example : ID Name Ticket1 Ticket2 Ticket3 23 John 001 003 112will Break up: NewID ID Name Ticket 1 23 John 001 2 23 John 003 3 23 John 112And finish : I will dial number in NewID use random() functionPlease help me
I don't really understand :/Are you trying to convert your
	   [b]ID		 Name		  Ticket1	Ticket2	Ticket3[/b]		23		 John			 001		  003		112

table to this format?----->

[b]NewID	  ID	  Name	   Ticket [/b] 		  1			23	   John		  001		  2			23	   John		  003		  3			23	   John		  112

I was also thnking that since you want to do a lottery, world it be better to use the random() function on the ticket number and then using a JOIN to find out who owns the winning ticket?