Displaying Problems...

chrisbt123

Hi, I have a problem with my php script. I have put echo tags in there, but they are not showing up. They may as well be comments, they don't display in HTML or in php. Also, I have tried to put the date and time tag in there, but that dosen't show either. Has anybody else had this problem?ThanksChris

<?php//Script Made By Chris Button//News Page Is NOT Free Software//Admin Email chrisbt123@talktalk.net////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////echo $txt="This is compspares news!!!";?><html> <body><b><div align="center"><u><i><h2>Welcome to Compspares News!!!</h2></i></u></div align></b><br><br><b>Welcome to compspares news! This is a beta edition, as it is our first edition. Andwe only have one coder, that's Shaun's son, Chris, this is because shaun can't code tosave his life. it saves clogging up the index page with all the news. Oh, just thoughtI'd tell you this page is coded in HTML, chris is learning CSS so site will look alot neater soon!</b><?phpecho date("Y/m/d");echo "<br />";echo date("Y.m.d");echo "<br />";echo date("Y-m-d");?>I have broke it down as much as i can, but those php tags DO NOT show up. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

you have to save the file as .php...also, if your computer doesn't have PHP running on it (unless you've installed it yourself, it probably doesn't), you have to upload the saved file to a server that supports PHP and view it there......hope that helps!love,jason

you have to save the file as .php...also, if your computer doesn't have PHP running on it (unless you've installed it yourself, it probably doesn't), you have to upload the saved file to a server that supports PHP and view it there......hope that helps!love,jason
OK, thanks m8, will try that