layer positioning problems

ediger

alright. after weeks of tweeking and modifying my initial design, I've just about finished the visual aspect of the website I am working on. Everything looks as it should and functions as it should, except for one layer. I have a left hand navigation with my main content to the right of it. I have the main content area set up so it will be fluid on all browsers at any resolution. The main content area consists of 4 layers inside of each other (I followed a tutorial at CSS Play) so this will work correctly in IE. The layer resizes properly when I resize the browser window, but once the minimum width is reached, the layers drop down below the navigation layer.Could anyone explain to me how I would keep the main content beside the navigation at all times and simply go off the side of the screen?

Have you tried min-width on your container? The one that contains the content and leftnav.#container { min-width: 300px; }
yeah, I've got everything working more or less flawlessly on Firefox, but Internet Explorer is still giving me issues.One other design I'm playing around with uses a top navigation. I've currently got a header and the navbar up at the top and a footer at the bottom. Is there anyway to make a layer that fills all the space between the navbar and the footer and will resize with the browser window?

One other design I'm playing around with uses a top navigation. I've currently got a header and the navbar up at the top and a footer at the bottom. Is there anyway to make a layer that fills all the space between the navbar and the footer and will resize with the browser window?
Google on "faux columns"