onmouseout method in javascripting

jnroche

whats the best way to onmouseout an html table using javascript?it seems that everytime i use a table say,<span id="thisspan" style="visibility:hidden"><table onmouseout="document.getElementById('thisspan').style.visibility = 'hidden'>

<tr><td>Row one</td></tr>

<tr><td>Row two</td></tr></table></span>something makes this span pop up then i want to hide it when user 'mouse-outs' from the table. but the problem is html seems not to be cooperating! when i move out from the first row towards the second row using the mouse pointer, it already disappears! can't seem to control it.

Try putting the action on the span instead of the table. And change the span to a div.
love it :)i placed an onmouseout event on the table and onmouseover event on the span<span .. onmouseover=..visible..<table.. onmouseout=..hidden..there has to be consistency between my codes and the way these tags are ordered, that is, the span enclosing the table, mouseover it to visible the table first and mouseout from the table to hide everything!!i understand now thanks heaps