is it possible with CSS?

Rasputin_RU

Hello everyone, this is mad monk!!!i was introduces to this forum by CHYMO, he said i can get all help on css and html.i have a problem and need everyones help.is it possible to make few boxes to spread evenly inside a div tag, so if my nev bar was streachy it would push together and if it was pulled out margins between boxes would increase.Please need advice.

umm..yeah..most probablyusing divs within divs, but it depends on what you mean by boxes. you mean boxes of info or images?have a go, see what you can come up with, if you get stuck, ask us for directions.:)
for example, i can make my head stay in middle of body tag, and if you make browser window smaler it cuts both sides until comes to point where it hits set margins for header and than scroll bar appears, how can i do it i n css with few blocks (gnav buttons) to spread evenly and if browser window reduced form 1024 to 760 margins between boxes close, and stop at the point where they meet each other and than scroll bar appears.?do you understand me?

Nope, you aren't alone.I'm not getting it either. Seems he might want a Horiz Menu using either images or display:block, or not, I am not sure...A picture or some code would sure be nice to work with.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html><head><title>test margins</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><style>body { margin:0; padding:0; height:100%; width:100%; background:green;}.head_holder { position:relative; top:0; left:0; height:60px; width:800px; margin:10px auto; background:red;}.head_holder ul { float:left; margin:0; padding:0; width:100%; list-style: none; display:inline; background:pink;}.head_holder ul li{ float:left; width:100px; margin:0; padding:0; display:block; background:gray;}</style></head><body> <div class="static_image"></div> <div class="head_holder"> <ul> <li>button 1</li> <li>button 2</li> <li>button 3</li> <li>button 4</li> <li>button 5</li> <li>button 6</li> </ul> </div></body></html><p>Gray color are the boxes i want evenly spread inside pink coloured ul, or div tag. in event of lower resolution windon i want it to compres and position buttons evenly spread automaticly in smaller window.thanks for all the help.</p>