converting pixels to cm

kingb00zer

Hi I have some art being created soon for my website, however my art guy doesnt have a printer or a scanner on hand. I know that the images need to fit into the following dimensions: 150x330 pixels and 300x165 pixels. Since sending him templates to draw within pre measured dimensions wont be an easy task without a printer I now need to convert these measurements into centimetres so he can rule the dimensions onto his paper and draw within those lines, but I dont know how to do this conversion. I also recently tried a converting website and it said that 150 pixels = 3.96875 centimeter, surely this can not be right (3.96875 inches might be closer to what I would assume is correct but I want centimeters is more acurate and easier to use.) Also if it helps my monitor is a 42" tv screen. it seems by all these hard to understand tutorials I find that diferent monitors alter the conversion formulas.

Edited by KingB00ZeR

funny you mention that, I decided that I might have to go to my friends and sue his printer and break out the ruler. I hope it isnt 3.96875 cm when I print and measure. If this does turn out to be the case how much do you think I could multiply these pixels for my friend to draw in then reduce back to the pixels I require without damaging the quality too much? (i hope that makes sense lol)

Usually you don't lose quality shrinking, its usually the other way round, when you enlarge a small pixel image to a larger size it ends up pixelated and colour blurs from on pixel to the next. All you need to do is get the proportion correct, when he's finished, use high res for scanner while scanning the images, the file size will be huge, but then you just reduce it in size and res to go into you website to the quality you are happy with.

Oh, lol I have been stressing about losing quality for nothing. Thank you for your help, you have saved me a trip to my friends tomorrow. Which means more time for code :D

• 1 year later...