Fierce Wolf Studios new design

Ingolme

http://fierce-wolf.comI just finished with a new site design I've been working on for a while. Apart from all the HTML and CSS I also programmed all the PHP for it, like the news, comments for news articles and the file manager for the MIDI gallery (only accessible for aite administrators), because I'd rather do things myself than get software from other people.The site works well without javascript activated and most of the background images are only a few bytes big in order to assure quick loading of the site.If you're saying it looks too pixely, well, the site's design is supposed to be based on generic classic RPG games.

I viewed this using FF (MAC) 1024x768Looks nice. Very much an RPG feeling. The green is kind of intense, but authentic. The text may be a bit small for some users. I resized up one level (meta+) and everything felt more comfortable. That's a minor complaint, and I'm not sure I'm really complaining.

The text may be a bit small for some users. I resized up one level (meta+) and everything felt more comfortable.
I second that. I also think the font is too small. I had to resize it two levels for it to be comfortable. Viewed at 1600x1200 resolution.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting concept behind the site - but I'd suggest that it would be lost on your average user, who may find the retro look (particularly the acid green) a tad offputting. Perhaps making some super enlarged pixellated graphic for a logo or some bg-graphics might ensure they understand this is part of the site concept and not just a really old site.

My first thought was "have a been transported back to 1995?" It certainly has a retro look to it. If that is what you were going for then you hit it dead on. For me, however, it feels old and outdated the saw I see it I wanted to leave.

Personally, I like it fine other than the acid green grass back in the back. I like the font size changing option, that is surely a plus :)So, I think just fix the grass to maybe a little darker or something?

• 3 weeks later...

i agree with aspnetguy, it certainly took me back too far. it reminds me of the average user homemade websites in frontpage or similar. if it's targeted at a specific group of people then it may well work but for an average web surfer...possibly if you change the colour scheme, mainly the acid green.just my oppinion - other people will obviously think different

• 3 weeks later...

The site resizes very well between 800x600, 1024x768, and 1280x1024I was going to mention that just about anyone surfing the web should be using a browser capable of changing the text size and so you would not need that options... but then I thought about the audience you made it for, and it's probably a good feature. One thing I noticed, when switching between spanish and english the entire site shifts, I have never liked it when a site shifts like that going from page to page. but that could be just me.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy smokes... This is very well edited and made. The colors are bright and really draw attention to the page. I love the little animated wolf at the bottom. The language option is very handy too.

Archived