favicon problem.

Kristian_C

Hey guys/girls, have a problem that i cant figure out,<link rel="icon" href="frontstuff/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">tried that and it dident work also tried :<link rel="icon" href="frontstuff/favicon.ico" type="image/jpg">and i tried with the whole link on both, but nothing works?also had this one :<link rel="shortcut icon" href="frontstuff/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">but no, anyone knows what can be the problem?->Kristian_C

Here's the code I always use, and that works perfect for me:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">

And by the way; do you use Internet Explorer to check? It doesn't work in IE6 and older. I don't know in IE7 because I don't have it and I'm not gonna get it. But in Opera and Mozilla it works.

Here's the code I always use, and that works perfect for me:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">

And by the way; do you use Internet Explorer to check? It doesn't work in IE6 and older. I don't know in IE7 because I don't have it and I'm not gonna get it. But in Opera and Mozilla it works.

I use IE7 and every other favicon from other sites work... just mine that is abit wird :) i tried the one u posted but no, dident work either :sA thing that is abit wird is that before i started with the new site the other favicon work well we can say 3-5 times a week :) but the rest of the time it was gone :)well ill try in some other browsers...->Kristian_C.-----Well now i opend opera and there it workd... so i dont know what the fault can be :s

Where do i clear that? Not so good with pc stuff :) hehe...->Kristian_C.
You really should try using firefox or opera - it's like saying no to a free porsche when you're currently driving a second hand beaten up ford (IE). That way you could test the website in a clear cache. www.opera.com

Actually, i hate opera and firefox. Never liked them,they are the beaten up fords for me.IE has allways been the best becouse it works on every thing i use it for and if IE cant show the favicon well i dont give a damn.i recomend IE for all visitors on my site, every thing looks so ugly in opera/firefox..->Kristian_C Proud IE user :)