Question about my site

Fukushousha

I am still building my site .... it is under construction ... and to be honest I have been seriously lagging behind due to exams in the university :) But my main problem is this ... as I was checking what to do with it , I suddenly tried to view the site from Internet explorer and not Firefox as I did up to now.I was left speechless.ALL the images were as if their background was not transparent.You can go try it yourself.Check my site with firefox and then with IExplorer. I was still working on the whole look and feel of the site which I am not happy with yet .. but If I do not solve this problem I do not think I can continue with anything. I would really appreciate any help you guys can provide , thanks in advance.

IE doesnt properly support transparent PNGs. its really annoying some tips here: http://koivi.com/ie-png-transparency/hope this helps
Thanks a lot :)Would it be very ... ehm .. bad of me to just say : USE MOZILLA and just drop the whole thing?(I will read the tips now , have not read them yet , so do not know how easy or not it is )

bad of me to just say : USE MOZILLA and just drop the whole thing?
haha i have been tempted to do the same many times but no not unless you want to seriously limit your audience remember IE is still the most popular browser

Yeah you are right :blink: , but still I got so much to work on .... never being satisfied with my site's look ... also exams , and now one more thing to worry about.I now officially hate IE :) , but I guess I have no other choice , I have to do it :)EDIT : I did what the site instructed.Basically downloaded that very nice script of his , which changes all .png in every file I am loading images so that MSIE shows the transparency.Now it shows the transparency as expected from the script but also I get every image in a white border , and a red X sign on the top left of every image (be it a link or not).That only by using MSIE , firefox is okay.Any ideas what the problem might be ? Click me by using IE , to see how my site is now shown by IE.Any ideas how to fix this 2nd problem? :)

I just noticed some weird problem with your site. I'm viewing it in IE 6 and I've never seen this before but everywhere you have images you have a box around it with white borders and an X (same X as when an image doesn't load) but the images are loaded. Very weird!

weird looks like its now displaying the pngs with transparency but also displying the broken image thingmaybe try and email the guy who wrote the tutorial i posted aboveor you could always just use transparent gifs but they wont be as sharp as the pngs

Gifs also are binary transparency, it's either transparent or it's not. PNG supports alpha transparency, so you can make a region that is 50% transparent. There are 256 levels of transparency, like 256 levels of red, blue, and green in a PNG.It sucks that IE6 did not support PNG, but, for what it's worth, IE7 does support it. It looks like so far this month that 63% of people are using IE6 and 20% are using IE7. That's compared with last month, when 70% were using IE6 and 12% IE7. So at least IE6 is falling pretty quickly, if that trend keeps up then by April or May less then 50% of people should be using IE6.

I now officially hate IE
Join the club!

Thanks for all the comments guys , so ... IE6 has this problem only.IE7 shows it ok eh?I have IE6 .. or more like don't know , never cared :) have been using firefox since I can remember. I will try to email the guy from the site.If he can't help me I guess I will add a sticker or something on the left side : USE MOZILLA , you can save a kitty or upgrade to IE7If anyone thinks up any other solution for this just post it in this thread :blink:Also ... any tips about the site would help :) I am kind of stuck and it is my first site.I decided to just make all the areas of the site complete it as it is now and then start changing the layout... but got no ideas.Ofcourse the main problem is the IE one .. but hey , if we can hit one bird with one stone :)

This might help: <!--[if lte IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" href="style_IE.css" /><![endif]--><!--[if IE 7]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" href="style_IE7.css" /><![endif]-->

I just can't figure it out.The problem might have been that I did not inlcude the spacer.png , but when I did include the spacer.png in my images file .... all the images turned white.I just don't know what to do anymore.I guess I will have to ask you guys for the php command to check if the user is using IE of a version less than 7 , so that I can just display a pop up (how do I do that I have no idea :) , must search for that too) with a link to upgrade their IE.

Okay will do it in like an hour :) , thanks a bunch for helping me (again) :)YaY ! It actually worked with the javascript ! :blink: And was so much simpler :) , thanks for the help , now I can focus on more important things ... like ... everythign else concering the site ... and my game :) Thanks again :blink: