Member Status

kvnmck18

Today, my member status has changed...very disappointing...I've gone from an "Advanced Member" to just a "Member"....I am a bit insulted. It's a sad day on w3schools forums.

It's crazy. Remember when this forum got hacked? Most posts were recovered but a lot of mine seem not to be in existence any more. Do threads expire?The level needs to be switched back....or at least maybe be up for more evalution for status?

The levels have changed. They were set at the defaults which meant that you only needed 100 posts to be an Advanced Member. The change is not intended to degrade anyone by any means. It is intended to more accurately illustrate participation.The new ranking structure is as follows:Newbie = 0 postsMember = 100 postsIntrigued Member = 500 postsDedicated Member = 1000 postsDevoted Member = 2000 postsSacred Member = 5000 postsThe term "advanced" implied a certain level of knowledge or experience. That is something that does not at all relate to post count, so the decision to change it was made.If there are any ideas for expanding on this list, please feel free to submit them in this thread.

The levels have changed. They were set at the defaults which meant that you only needed 100 posts to be an Advanced Member. The change is not intended to degrade anyone by any means. It is intended to more accurately illustrate participation.The new ranking structure is as follows:Newbie = 0 postsMember = 100 postsIntrigued Member = 500 postsDedicated Member = 1000 postsDevoted Member = 2000 postsSacred Member = 5000 postsThe term "advanced" implied a certain level of knowledge or experience. That is something that does not at all relate to post count, so the decision to change it was made.If there are any ideas for expanding on this list, please feel free to submit them in this thread.
When I reach Sacred Member I would like to be refered to as the Oracle. You will be required to bring me tribute in order for me to bestow my wisdom upon you :) :)

When I reach Sacred Member I would like to be refered to as the Oracle. You will be required to bring me tribute in order for me to bestow my wisdom upon you :) :)
Can't you just change your member title to that now if you want to? Either way, we're never going to refer to you as the Oracle, so you can come back to reality... :)

Im a Intrigued Member now and if i try really hard, may be in couple of months i might be a Dedicated Member, Im gonna be stuck there for a very long time. its gonna take for ever to be a Devoted Member. :) Sacred Member = 5000 posts, OMG. we can definitly call aspnetguy as "Oracle", there's nobody else even close to that.... :)
Actually justsomeguy is getting there pretty fast.

Im a Intrigued Member now and if i try really hard, may be in couple of months i might be a Dedicated Member, Im gonna be stuck there for a very long time. its gonna take for ever to be a Devoted Member. :blink:
No, no, no. Don't "try really hard" to be a Dedicated Member. Post as you always have, because it doesn't matter what your title is. There's no rank or hierarchy either way, and there shouldn't be any more ground for respect or anything just because you have more posts. Take aspnetguy for example, I have litterally NO respect for him for posting this much.:)
hey..i got an idea..at 10,000, your level should be "resident" or "lives here" or "never leaves" or something :)
How about "mascot"?
I had actually thought about making 10,000 one of these:"Needs a Spouse"..."Retired"
Don't you mean "Retarded"? :) Edited by Jonas
added another "no" to first paragraph.

It's a good thing you are the Modfather or I would have no respect for you either...well maybe fear not respect... :)
There's no reason to fear me, up until the point where I find out I can't reason with you that is... :)