Let Users Change Html?

ChipChamp007

Okay, what I mean is how could I make something like a text area where any person on the website would type something and click submit, and it would make a certain variable what they typed and then show what they typed somewhere on the page. And then, if you close the page a reopen it at a later time, the text that they typed is still there! How can I make a variable that doesn't reset every time you load the page?

What they type needs to be stored in a database. This is beyond HTML, you'll need to use a server-side scripting language such as php, asp or coldfusion.

Oh, okay! I've been trying to learn PHP, but I really haven't been able to learn it because I can't get it to show up in the browser. I've been told I need to download PHP or a server or something... And I downloaded all the three things on the PHP introduction, but it still doesn't seem to work. Is there anything else I need to do? (Just a quick question)

or, (as i prefer) you can install an Apache server, PHP and mysql and run it off your computer. you said you'd downlaoded them but couldn't get them to work - it's so hard, I couldn't get it working myself. I used "xampp" (google it) .. installs them all at once and makes it real simple.

Yeah. XAMPP is an alternative if you want to have your own webserver. It's really easy to set up. In matter of fact, I have it on this computer for some reason.Since MrAdam only said "Google it", I'll give you the link to it. Here's the link

You don't need to download PHP to have a free online host with PHP. If you go to awardspace.com, they have everything you need installed.
It's better if you download Apache and PHP module and MySQL because it will allow you to learn PHP faster and more efficiently.

It's better if you download Apache and PHP module and MySQL because it will allow you to learn PHP faster and more efficiently.
Yes, it will but if you don't know how to open some gate at your network so other people can see it, you should use some online stuff.But if you want your own simple (but effective) server, use XAMPP

Yes, it will but if you don't know how to open some gate at your network so other people can see it, you should use some online stuff.But if you want your own simple (but effective) server, use XAMPP
The point is not to let others see it, the point is to learn. After you're sure of your abilities, you can move it onto a public site; something every good coder should know (######, it's just FTP)