what is the problem???

smiles

I heard that to work with PHP, you must install IIS and it will create an Inetpub folder ( oh, I remember that I read it in ASP tutorial, hope they are the same) but when I go to Add and Remove program in Control panel, choose Add/Remove components then I see that IIS is installed :) could you tell me why, I 'd like to have my first PHP program :)

Ehh...isn't IIS for Windows servers?If you want your own PHP server (PHP, MySQL and some other things), you can download XAMPP which installs PHP, MySQL, and some other things. I'm not sure how you open gate to let other people come and view your site, though. But you can use Awardspace if you do not wish to set up your own server. There you get a free subdomain, like yourname.awardspace.com

If IIS is installed, it will create a folder called Inetpub, which will contain wwwroot, ftproot, mailroot, etc. If you think that IIS installed, but you do not see that folder structure anywhere, then uninstall IIS and reinstall it.Also, you don't necessarily need IIS to run PHP, you just need a web server. IIS is the Microsoft web server, but any web server that supports PHP will do.

I use XAMPP .. have you got it installed? try "http://localhost/" in a web browser, if you have it installed it comes with a default page, so it should tell you whether or not you have it installed. If you do, to add files/folders; go to "C:\Program Files\XAMPP\htdocs\" or something similar.If not, try downloading it again.
Hi ! I see it works !!!I think I can do with PHP but how can I make a something.sql ???Could you help me a way ! Thanks !!!

yes, check out phpadmin as a tool for creating databases, users, searching, testing queries, and lots of other stuff.And that is exactly the correct link to start-up the phpadmin software in XAMPP

• 2 weeks later...

MyISAM is a storage engine. The storage engine is responsible for performing the actual database transactions, such as the INSERTs, UPDATEs, and DELETEs. Different storage engines are better for different circumstances, some are faster, others are better for high transaction loads. MyISAM is a good all-purpose storage engine. I haven't run into a situation yet where I thought switching to another storage engine would improve performance.You can store any file data in a database, including image files. The field type to use is a blob, or Binary Large Object. There are 4 blob types of different sizes, depending how big the files are you want to store. Look at this page for size requirements:http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/sto...quirements.htmlYou can see from the table that a blob can handle up to 216 bytes, or 65536 bytes, or 64KB. A longblob can handle up to 232 bytes, or 4294967296 bytes, or 4.2GB.

• 1 month later...

small question : did you get no problem with testing sending email in Xampp ?If yes please guide me a way, I always get warning error with php.ini but when I check that file, every parameter is okay ???uhm but when I check SMPT server connection, it says connection failed, does this mean I can't send email by anyway ?why ISP still gave me a mail address ?

Edited by smiles

uhm ... so strange, last week I check a simplemail.php , it say I should check out parameter in php.ini includes SMPT and SMPT_port, they get right value. Today, I check the SMPT connection by using Run -> Typing telnet localhost 25 -> It say failed connection ; after that I try to use Outlook Express to send mail and it runs well :) and now, back to simplemail.php it says the new error Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing in ... line ..

<?php$To = "b@yahoo.com";$Text = "This is a test.";$Html = "<H1>This is a test.</H1>";$Subject = "PHP Mail Test";$message = "";$headers = "From: a@mail.com\n";$headers .= "X-Mailer: PHP4\n";$headers .= "X-Priority: 3\n";$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";$headers .= "Content-Type: multipart/alternative;boundary=\"==MIME_BOUNDRY_alt_main_message\"\n\n";$headers .= "This part of the E-mail should never be seen. If you arereading this, consider upgrading your e-mail client to a MIME-compatibleclient.";$message .= "--==MIME_BOUNDRY_alt_main_message\n";$message .= "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1\n";$message .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit\n\n";$message .= $Text . "\n\n";$message .= "--==MIME_BOUNDRY_alt_main_message\n";$message .= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1\n";$message .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit\n\n";$message .= "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0Transitional//EN\">\n";$message .= "<HTML><BODY>\n";$message .= $Html . "\n";$message .= "</BODY></HTML>\n\n";$message .= "--==MIME_BOUNDRY_alt_main_message--\n";mail($To, $Subject, $message, $headers); ?>// get this code from PHP Bugs

Outlook doesn't have anything to do with a mail server running on your machine. PHP needs to connect to a mail server on your machine. Outlook is a program that also connects to a mail server. You probably have Outlook set up to connect to whatever server your email is on, hotmail or whatever. That doesn't have anything to do with a mail server that you have running locally. Outlook is not connecting to port 25 on your computer, it is connecting to another server. You can set Outlook up to connect to your computer if you write localhost for the host or server name. If you cannot connect to port 25 on your computer, then you don't have a mail server running. If you don't have a mail server running, then either you don't have a mail server installed, or the mail server is installed and just not running.For the record, I do not install mail servers on my development machines. Some people do, I prefer not to. If I want to test my mail functions, I upload the script to a server online and use their mail server. I just don't want to deal with having a mail server running on my development machine. If you do want to install your own mail server, do a Google search for a free mail server software.