Firefox 2.0.0.1

aspnetguy

Is anyone using this version of Firefox?About every hours or so I lose the ability to use the Firefox clipboard (copy and paste). If I close it and reopen it works again for about an hour.I use tabs frequently and usually have 5 or 6 tabs open.Having to close it and open it all the time is annoying...I don't if this is the same bug that was supposed to be fixed in 1.5.0.4 or if it is being caused by something new. Anyone have this problem???I have reverted to 1.5.0.8 for now and have no problems.

Happened to me before but not as frequently. I didn't have to restart firefox, I just waited a bit I think. If you close firefox with alt+ctrl+del when you reopen it the tabs you had open should still be there, I think so.

I'm using 2.0.0.1 but have never experienced that problem. I typically have at least 4 or 5 tabs open and more often than not I might have twice that many open in two windows. But I've never lost any functionality unless I hit a site with a ridiculous java applet - then everything freeze while it instantiates.

closing FF with the task manager then reopening does preserver the open tabs.I did find also a the same time when I lose clipboard I cannot use CTRL+Home to goto the top of the page, CTRL+End still works to go tot he bottom tho??? Wierd.Skemcin what OS are you running it on. Mine is on a windows server 2003 terminal server. I connect with a thin client and everything is managed on the server....maybe it is a terminal services issue?I have never had this problem at home on Win XP pro

My servers are 2003 but my clients are still W2k - and I don't see a reason to brave Vista. :)I've heard that 2003 does some quirky things - I wonder if that is one of them? I'm assuming you have plenty of memory. The only thing I might have set up different is my caching - I clear my cache, cookies, and everything else when my browser closes (but unsure how that might relate).

2Gb of ram, not sure what the issue is but hopefully whenever the next update comes out it will be gone.I have heard some bad stuff about Vista already but none is first hand so I can't say for sure. I will be waiting quite a while before I bother. I have no need to upgrade now so I will save my money.

I have a firefox session that has been running for 23 hours with 34 tabs open and still has not had any bugs apparent yet. :) I love 2.0.
I agree I love 2.0 too...I just don;t understand why I have problems at work but not at home...but then again Opera 9 is quirky at work but not at home too...my guess is terminal services has something to do with it.

I agree I love 2.0 too...I just don;t understand why I have problems at work but not at home...but then again Opera 9 is quirky at work but not at home too...my guess is terminal services has something to do with it.
sounds like you need a new job - those are horrible working conditions:)

I dont have any such clipboard problems with Firefox at all and I am using version 2.0.0.1 too!

I had this happen again today. What did was open Word and clear the clipboard. After that the firefox clipboard started working again. So this leads me to believe there is aconflict going on between the Windows clipboard and firefox clipboard, chances are they are using the same clipboard and ff is dropping the ball somewhere.