IX Hosting...

LifeInBinary

http://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/v2/p...lanBusinessPlusI'm looking at their 'Business Plus' plan on Linux servers... Does that seem like really awesome hosting? It does to me and I just want to make sure that I'm not missing any details - like something they should have support for but don't.Here is one thing I'm looking at: with their company, I can't use ASP or ColdFusion, and .htaccess at the same time. I really want to learn ASP or ColdFusion, but I think I could substitue that with PHP? Which one's better - and which one is easier as a first server-side language? I am leaning towards ColdFusion - Just because I have Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and Flash - they are a great group of programs, and I bet ColdFusion rocks as well.Thanks for the help,LifeInBinary.

Dream Host has some killer plans!http://dreamhost.comI'm going to get some from there soon and use it to also host my clients websites.As for Server side code...definitely PHP. Theres a whole lot more PHP support out there than there is ASP. I know because I learn't ASP then moved to PHP and I have never regretted it!

I'm a big ColdFusion buff, only thing I really do. They use version 5 when version 7 is current and version 8 is around the bend (maybe next year). For beginning ColdFusion, that really makes no difference - more advanced techniques require CF7.The plans seem affordable and features seem nice. With these types of hosts, you have to look out for their support - is it true 24/7 and is it out sourced? You also need to be concerned about how many sites they put on a shared server. What always worries me about these companies that boast such awesome features (high bandwidth, lost of disk space, multiple server side scripting languages in one environment) is that opens up the likely hood of more intermittent problems.I prefer hosts that dedicate shared servers to one language and one configuration - you don't have to worry as much about environmental variables. At the host I use (http://www.crystaltech.com) I know there is not going to be php or asp sites on my ColdFusion server. There are some technical reasons why that is beneficial - but I'm not gonna bore folks with that (unless they ask). But my point is that if things go wrong on the box, the host has a harder time troubleshooting if they have to be knowledgeable of php, asp, and cfmx - because any one of them could have brought it down in any number of ways.I'd try them out - its the only way to find out - or lurk their discussion board - if they have one, mine does. You can really only ever know by trying. I've gone through four or five hosts before I found Crystal Tech - I don't see myself switching again - thats how happy I am there. The decision to move 20+ sites from those other providers was as easy as my decision to stay and recommend CrystalTech.