Hover Over Menu Not Working

Kevin M

I'm working on a layout, and it uses the <ul> tag for the navigation bar. When someone hovers over a link, the background image should change. The only problem is, not the whole image shows up, just enough to cover the text. I want the whole background image to change to an image that's 90 pixels in width, and 30 pixels in height. Here's the page:LayoutIf you hover over the menu, in IE it does what I explained above. Not sure how it is in Fire Fox. The background image for the hover is this image:hover.gifAnd the Style Sheet section for the navigation bar:

/*Navigation*/#nav {width: 550px;height: 30px;position: absolute;z-index: 3;left: 126px;top: 180px;background-color: #1c3754;margin: 0px;padding: 0px;}#nav ul,li {display: inline;list-style-type: none;height: 30px;font-family: tahoma, georgia, veranda, arial;font-size: 12px;color: #FFFFFF;}#nav li {width: 90px;height: 30px;text-align: center;font-weight: bold;padding-right: 10px;padding-left: 10px;vertical-align: middle;}#nav li a:link {font-size: 12px;color: #FFFFFF;background-image: url(/images/link.gif);font-weight: bold;width: 90px;height: 30px;}#nav li a:hover {font-size: 12px;color: #FFFFFF;background-image: url(/images/hover.gif);font-weight: bold;width: 90px;height: 30px;}

So any suggestions on how I could get it so that the whole background changes when the link is hovered over? Or something that I did wrong in the coding?Thanks,Kevin

Try adding float: left;#nav li {text-align: center;float:left;}#nav li a {background-image: url(/images/link.gif);width: 90px;height: 30px;float: left;font-size: 12px;color: #FFFFFF;font-weight: bold;line-height:12px; /* Optional: To get position vertically */}For more help: http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-friendly...tion-menu.shtml

Thanks for the help, I got the hover over part working. The menu won't vertically align though, I've tried vertical-align and line-height. Any ideas on another solution, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong?