Help!

Isagard

I made my page in Photoshop CS 9, it has no text and uses no css. I want to try to put text into specific places on the page, but when I use CSS to position the text, the text is where I want but the rest of the pafe moved down. In html the whole thing uses a large table with lots of images which photoshop generated. When I put the text in the cell corresponding with the image I created, the whole site breaks apart. Do I need to remake my site or can I properly adjust the text some way?

When you have only your layout, and it looks like it's supposed to look, take a screenshot and try to duplicate it with other html tags, like div. You can use one large image, or a few smaller ones. Making your site through Photoshop isn't a good idea...

I'd rather recommend the above suggestions, but if you don't think you're up to it, here's another one:Use absolute positionning to place your text where you want.<div style="position: absolute; top: XXpx; left: XXpx;">Text</div>(replace XX with a number of pixels)I usually would never recommend the use of the "style" attribute, but this looks like a desperate case.

Yay! The absolute poitionning is just what I was looking for! I needed to make my site in photoshop because I have rollover buttons that really work well when you do it in photoshop. And CSS didn't work for me...it looked really bad...Thanks F-Man! Is there a way with absolute positioning to have your text have a scroll bar? I need alot of text to fit in a smaller area for download pages and things like that. And something sort of like margins for it... because wright now for every line of text I need a new poistining thingyExample

div style="position: absolute; top: 155px; left: 355px; color:#ffffff">:_:News:_:</div><div style="position: absolute; top: 160px; left: 355px; color:#ffffff">___________________________________________</div><div style="position: absolute; top: 155px; left: 48px; color:#ffffff">:_:Quotes:_:</div><div style="position: absolute; top: 160px; left: 48px; color:#ffffff">__________________________________</div>

There's nothing stopping you from using headings and paragraphs inside your divs.

<div style="position: absolute; top: 155px; left: 355px; color:#ffffff">   <h2>:_:News:_:</h2>   <p>___________________________________________</p></div><div style="position: absolute; top: 155px; left: 48px; color:#ffffff">   <h2>:_:Quotes:_:</h2>   <p>__________________________________</p></div>

For the scroll bars, try <div style="position: absolute; top and left blah blah; width: XXpx; height: XXpx; overflow: scroll;">