Clear a form on page refresh?

MildewMan1

I was wondering if there was a way to empty all check boxes that have been selected if the user refreshes the page. As of now, you can select some, refresh and they will still be checked.Edit:I got it to refresh in IE, but firefox still keeps checked values

You could use JavaScript that resets the form on load, think you would do something like this

document.getElementById('myForm').reset();

you could always do like this:

<html><head><title>myPage</title><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">function resetform(){document.getElementById('myForm').reset();}</script></head><body onload="resetform()"><form id="myForm">   ....</form></body></html>

This way, when the body will reload, the form will reset

I'll try this out and let you know if it works. Thanks for the responses.Edit: Nothing I have tried will work with FireFox =/

you could always do like this:
<html><head><title>myPage</title><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">function resetform(){document.getElementById('myForm').reset();}</script></head><body onload="resetform()"><form id="myForm">   ....</form></body></html>

This way, when the body will reload, the form will reset

Just wanted to thank you for this code. Had to tweak it a bit, but finally got it to work. Changed the "getElementById('myForm')" part just to the name of my form and it worked perfectly. This is what I used:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">function UncheckAll(){document.NameOfMyForm.reset();}</script>

and then

<body onload="UncheckAll();">

Archived