Download PHP script

Vetruvet

Is there any way to download the actual PHP script (not what it returns) from a server once you upload it to the server?I lost my jump drive with the PHP script on it, and I have no backup of it. I don't feel like re-writing the whole thing, although I could...

Did you upload the file through FTP? If so, you can probably download it through FTP. You might try doing a GET rather than a PUT on the server for that file.

The website is for our Robotics team. The whole website was uploaded by a guy at our Board of Education, because we didn't have a domain name then. He got us a domain name and uploaded all the stuff. I don't know his contact info, otherwise I would see if he had a backup of it after he uploaded it.

The website is for our Robotics team. The whole website was uploaded by a guy at our Board of Education, because we didn't have a domain name then. He got us a domain name and uploaded all the stuff. I don't know his contact info, otherwise I would see if he had a backup of it after he uploaded it.
you would probably have to have access to upload a new file and also know the locations of all the old files. you can use the fopen and fread functions to open the file and read it. then you could print out what you got from the fread function into a text box and then copy it and paste it in a new file. you would have to know the locations of your files on the servers to do this easily.

You would also need FTP access to the server to do that, using fopen will get the HTML output.The bottom line is you need FTP access to the server to retrieve the files. If you don't know the person who uploaded it in the first place, find someone who administers the server and tell them you need some files off it.

Archived